Whew! The last week has flown by and here we are already at Tuesday again. We’ve had a couple weeks of the sickies around my house but everyone seems to finally be on the mend (thank goodness!) so hopefully things will get back to normal around here.
In honor of Valentine’s Day today, I thought the Ten On Tuesday would be some of my top Valentine’s Day picks from Pinterest. I’ve linked back to the original image from the web but I found them all by simply searching “valentine” on Pinterest. If you don’t know what Pinterest is then you’ve been hiding in a hole. So click this linky and have a look around. It’s addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
1. I saw this idea for Valentine cards a few years ago but just never got around to doing them until now. It’s all over Pinterest so my guess is that my girls will receive a couple of these from crafty friends too. Pretty simple to make, I just took a picture of each of the girlies and then added some elements to each image in Photoshop. Then I uploaded them to WalMart to be printed and they were ready to be picked up in less than an hour. (Brad saw I placed an order with the WalMart photo lab and thought I’d lost my mind. If I had made them in time, I would have ordered from my super awesome photo lab but since they were printed late yesterday and needed to be assembled last night, that wasn’t really an option.) Then we just cut a little slit above and below the girls hands in the picture and weaved the stick of a sucker through it. Fun, right?!
2. Iron on pillowcase transfer from Creature Comforts Blog. How adorable is this? If you hurry you can make this in time for you and your sweetie to lay your heads down tonight. I thought it would even be cute to do on some burlap or outdoor fabric to put on the bench on my front porch.
Image by Creature Comforts Blog
3. My friend Melina of Wedding Pickle did a 14 Day Love Challenge that I tried to do. I made it through about the first 10 days before I got to feeling to icky and wasn’t able to keep up with it. On the first day she had us start a list of 100 things we love about our spouse and mentioned that we would keep this list going through out the challenge and then give it to him today. Well, I haven’t finished but I completely intend to. And when I’m done, I’m going to somehow incorporate this totally cool idea I found via Pinterest from Paper Vine. Seriously. How cute is that?!
Image by Paper Vine
4. I painted my nails last night. They are all red except for one finger on each hand is pink. I really wanted to do something fun with red, pink and gray but wasn’t sure what. So wish I would have seen this tutorial last night! I’ll definitely be rockin’ this look from The Beauty Department in the future.
Image by The Beauty Department
5. Ok, I follow Amy on Twitter and I love her. Just take a look at this scripture art she does. Seriously. If our house ever sells and we get a new one I’m totally going to be decorating entire rooms based on her designs. I love love love the details she has in her work. Everything she does just makes me smile. For. Real. Do me a favor and go check out her Etsy store. I promise you won’t regret it.
Image by Amy Lee Designs.
6. Back when I made outfits for little girls there was a photo circling around the boutique clothing arena of a little girl with hearts in her hair. I can’t find my original inspiration but I did search “heart hair” on Pinterest and come up with some interesting hair ideas. This was back in 2009, and was Sadie’s valentine that year for her friends.
7. I know I took a picture of these when I made them but I can’t find it anywhere now. That’s just my luck now that I want to share! Oh well. This was SO easy and I think it was just last year that I made them. A can of cinnamon rolls shaped like hearts. Awwww… The image I’m using is from this website and it looks like she makes her own dough. But if you open a can of premade rolls you can just untwist a roll and then fold it like a heart and it works just the same.
8. My sister got some of these for me for Christmas this year. You know I love me some Haiti. Proceeds benefit the HAND/EYE Fund to help Haitian artisans recover from life challenging loss of shelter, equipment, and income. Yay! You can purchase them here.
9 and 10. Ok, kids. Looks like I’m gonna have to owe you 2 extra. Pinterest must be overwhelmed with people trying to look for last minute Valentine gifts. Oh well. Hope you have all had a lovely day. Today, and always, enjoy those you love!