I resisted it for a long time. I thought it sounded dumb. A bunch of guys with big long beards that make duck calls? No thanks. Just not my thing.
If you haven’t been hiding under a rock then you probably know that I’m referring to the reality show Duck Dynasty. We’d heard several friends talk about it but hadn’t watched an episode yet. That was probably nearly a year ago now. Because we finally did watch it just to see what all the hub bub was about. And, it didn’t take long for us to get hooked. Nope, not long at all. Jack.
You see, there was a time when I enjoyed reality tv shows. They are like a train wreck, you don’t want to look but you just can’t stop. Right? I’ve given up on most of them at this point because let’s be honest…they can be pretty trashy. Duck Dynasty though? Love. It. They don’t have to bleep out any bad words, they end every show with a prayer around the family dinner table, and it keeps me in stitches! Now granted, a lot of it seems pretty staged but I don’t even care. Cause it’s still hilarious. And of all of the characters I think I have to laugh the hardest at Uncle Si. He just cracks me up. I’ve chosen 10 of my favorite Si quotes for today’s post. Although if today was Thursday I might have to do a Thousand on Thursday. There’s just that much funny coming out of this guy!
1. “One time, in Vietnam, I saw a grizzly bear ridin’ a scooter”.
2. “I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones…and a woodpecker, I’ll make you a good chicken pot pie.”
4. “Hey, the difference between a cold donut and a hot donut is I can eat 6 cold ones and 48 hot donuts, that’s the difference.”
5. “I’m like a Arethra Franklin. Don’t get any R-S-P-E-C-T ’round this joint!”
7. “I gotta work with what I got, its called improv-isavation”